Friday 11 January 2013

Onion liquor


Tonight I was boiling up some onion skins to make dye from, when all of a sudden Hen and I became dear friends 


me and Hen
from the future



It was a bit of a witchy thing to do but the results are probably worth being dunked for.
Once.  
Really quickly.



I learned this technique from my time spent in the 17th century, as Prudence, where my school friends and I were taught how to dye the wool that would make shawls to adorn ourselves with.  Everyone else wanted the pinky red one, dyed by crushed up creatures.  Thankfully I was the only one to want the beautiful golden yellow one, so I got it.  But only to borrow for that one short day. 



This liquid onion-skin stain can probably be used at some point, almost as an ink...



The finished non-skeins of hair
for tiny wigs




No comments:

Post a Comment